Restaurant Technician - Bar
|Beginning||21 Sep 2021|
The Restaurant/Bar Technician is the qualified professional able to plan, coordinate and execute the restaurant and bar service, respecting the standards of hygiene and safety, in food and beverage establishments, integrated or not in hotel units, in order to guarantee a quality service and customer satisfaction.
WHAT IT DOES?
- Plan and prepare the restaurant/bar service, according to health and safety standards;
- Welcome and serve the customer in the restaurant/bar service;
- Prepare and serve simple and compound drinks and cafeteria food and beverages;
- Perform restaurant, wine and other beverage services;
- Execute room and cisory art confections;
- Plan and execute the different special services;
- Invoice for the services provided;
- Control food and beverage costs;
- Collaborate in the preparation of restaurant, bar and wine charters;
- Provide first aid and basic health and well-being care;
- Answer and resolve customer complaints;
- Make requests and fill in other technical documentation related to the activity performed
Young people with the 9th grade of schooling and aged not over 19 years old (at the beginning of the school year).
In terms of professional certification, the school awards a Level 4 Professional Qualification Diploma.
The course confers the Secondary Studies Diploma (12th year) and allows normal access to Higher Education.
I studied at EPSM, which included an internship in Denmark, under the Erasmus +- program. When I finished the course, I went to the Alma restaurant, where I am today. EPSM is a school that is always present in our lives, even for its former students, and it's great to be able to count on that.