Cooking and Pastry Technician
|Beginning||21 Sep 2021|
The Kitchen/Pastry Technician is the qualified professional able to plan, coordinate and execute the kitchen/pastry activities, respecting the hygiene and safety standards, in food and beverage establishments, integrated or not in hotel units, with a view to ensuring a quality service and customer satisfaction, with a view to guaranteeing quality service and customer satisfaction.
WHAT IT DOES?
- Store and ensure the state of the raw materials used in the kitchen/pastry service;
- Plan and prepare the kitchen/pastry service, in order to make the necessary preparations possible, in accordance with hygiene and safety standards;
- Making the recipe according to the established schedule: starters, main courses, desserts, - Making and decorating cakes and other pastry products;
- Design and execute artistic pieces in the kitchen and pastry;
- Articulate with the restaurant service, in order to satisfy meal orders and collaborate in special services;
- Search for new cooking/pastry techniques and trends;
- Collaborate in the preparation of letters and menus and coordinate work teams;
- Provide first aid and basic health and well-being care;
- Control food costs;
- Prepare and fill in technical documentation related to the activity performed;
- Ensure the cleaning and tidying of spaces, equipment and service utensils, checking stocks and controlling their state of conservation.
Young people with the 9th grade of schooling and aged not over 19 years old (at the beginning of the school year).
In terms of professional certification, the school awards a Level 4 Professional Qualification Diploma.
The course confers the Secondary Studies Diploma (12th year) and allows normal access to Higher Education.